Week 2 Is Over, Time is Flying By

Hej everyone! (Hej means "hello" in Swedish)

Week 2 is done! Time is flying here. The language is coming along nicely. Pretty much all I do all day every day is wake up, study, eat, workout, eat, class, eat, and class. Not much free time, but it's a good feeling to be busy working all day. 

Funny thing I learned this week is that "att kyssa" means to kiss, while "at kissa" means to pee. They sound almost exactly the same. Hopefully I don't screw that one up in Sweden or some people might get offended. 

We have 2 new "investigators" this week plus some TRC (Rylan doesn't know what TRC means so I won't guess) lessons. A TRC is pretty much when my companion and I teach someone who is already Mormon and they are usually returned missionaries, that speak the language of the missionary. It's a bunch of fun! Each lesson I teach I can feel myself getting more comfortable with the language. 

The first week or so my hall didn't hangout together much but now we're all pretty tight. We sit together at meals, and each night for an hour or so we all go out and talk in the lobby. There are some cool dudes here. 

This week we put up an American flag above our window in our room so every morning we get up at 6:30, salute the flag and say the pledge of allegiance, it's a good way to get us all up on time. It's pretty funny too, just like elementary school.

During the Sunday evening devotional this week Donny Osmond came and spoke to all the missionaries. It was hilarious because Donny spent about half the time talking about his accomplishments and telling funny stories, I could tell the Missionary Training Center president  wasn't too into his stories. Entertaining for sure though. Ha ha!

We had another devotional here and heard  Brother Hallstrom (A Quorum of the Seventy member) and he talked about us deciding now what type of missionary we want to be. That definitely stuck with me because the first few weeks of your mission you're deciding how hard you want to work and how much of a stickler you are on the rules.

Honestly there isn't much going on here. Just learning a lot and getting closer with the guys around me. I love hearing from everyone and getting updates on what's new, so please write me!! Letters are great too. My address is:

Elder Rylan Gordon
JUL 18 SWE-STO
2005N 900E Unit 259
Provo, UT 84602

You can also go to dearelder.com. Click on write letter, Unit is #259, departure date July 18, Code SWE-STO.

Love you guys!!


In front of the Provo, Utah LDS Temple


Dorm room


Donny Osmond visited the MTC ( He wasn't a little rock n' roll)


Camden (serving in Brisbane, Australia, Chinese speaking)
Emily (serving Taipei, Taiwan)
Rylan, Stockhold Sweden


come up with your own title. :-)


Besties in the MTC



Bonding in the lobby 


Aldste Gordon ( Aldste is the Swedish word for elder)

Comments

  1. I loved reading about Rylan's second week at the MTC. His devotionals have been pretty cool. I was fun to hear about saying the pledge each morning and seeing him with his friends and hall mates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment