Week 11


Infart means "enter" in Swedish (giggle, giggle)


We walk a lot in the beautiful countryside



The 4 Amigos


Kabobs.....classic food shot


Just a sign.....in Swedish and 3D art.


Last week we met this guy named Kas on the bus and he asked for a bunch of pass along cards ( cards with our church information and contact number) to give to the people he works with, because he works with people who need counseling. Anyways, we felt like we should give him a call to play soccer with us the following Monday night (we play with a bunch of dudes every Monday) and he came! He is from India and is probably 23ish and has big dreams of moving to Canada to start a life as a psychologist so he wants help with English. So, we met up with him on Saturday and answered questions about America, corrected some English, and taught the first missionary lesson in English (which was so nice haha). He called us last night apologizing for not coming to church because after we met on Saturday he went out and got drunk and woke up at 7pm Sunday ha ha. He's a fun dude.

We also went and met a less active older lady who lives in a care facility. She has a warning with her name on the phone log because she likes having missionaries over and chatting for hours and not letting them leave a spiritual message. I guess she even gave them food poisoning one time. Anyways, we went over there and she was sitting in her wheelchair with Swedish music blasting and her head was down. We couldn't wake her after calling her name and bumping her arm so we thought maybe she was dead or something. After about a minute or two she woke up and we ended up chatting with her for like an hour. Nice lady!

This Friday I went on splits (where you split up with another companion for the day) with Äldste Hawkins (who's from Issaquah). It was a blast, we went out contacting and pulled 7 phone numbers and gave out 3 Books of Mormon in 2ish hours. 

Sunday, I gave a 10-minute talk in church. It felt good to get up there and be able to give a talk in Swedish.

This week I read in the Bible, John chapter 15 and thought to share it with you all.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. The whole chapter is good, but what hit me was specifically verses 14 and 15. 15 says: I call you not servants for the servant knoweth not what his Lord doeth. But i have called you friends.

Christ is our friend. He only wants what is best for us and He's always there ready to accept anyone willing to change from their bad habits and follow him. 

I'm growing lots here, the language is coming along nicely, life is goood.
Äldste Gordon


Comments