Week 20 Innebandy Anyone?

Aldste Young my new companion fresh out of the MTC
Solid, solid week. Things are going well with training! Äldste Young has been a total champ with the work and language. I'm lucky to have gotten a missionary who is willing to work hard, put himself out there, and try to do what God wants us to do. 

Last Monday (preparation day) we went out shopping to get some winter stuff because it's getting way nippy over here. We checked out the domkyrkan again (huge cathedral in town) to show the greenie. ( Aldste Young, the newbie)

Wednesday we had 4 hrs of straight lessons teaching investigators. It feels good to just teach lessons during a day and not have to be out in the cold contacting or knocking doors. The lessons went well though! We got 3 new people interested in our message (they're called investigators) this week which is more than usual. 

Friday, we traveled to a suburb about a half hour away to do some tracting (knocking doors). We were there for about 2 and a half hours and we knocked probably 50ish doors. It was a chilly night, around 39 degrees too and we didn't find anyone interested. But that's how it goes sometimes ha ha. One lady opened the door and she said, “Det är fredag” (It's Friday) and I said “ah det är det” (kinda like yeah it is that) then she closed the door. We just laughed it off, ya gotta have some fun with the work when you're just getting roasted ha ha.

We went in to Stan on Saturday for a contacting "stund" (Swedish word for a session). Spent about 3 hours and didn't have much luck, but this and the tracting was super good experience for the greenie, Äldste Young. I promise there are people who listen to our message too, we don't get declined all day long like I'm making it sound! 

Saturday, we played innebandy (which is floor ball). It's big here in Sweden, and super fun. I'm getting better at it too, so I feel like the man while crossing our investigators up.

I got asked Friday night to give a talk in church. I could pick the topic so I chose Personal Conversion and wrote nearly my whole talk until I realized that the word I had been using for conversion means repentance ha ha. A word for conversion doesn’t exist in Swedish, so I almost gave a whole talk just calling everyone to repentance and teaching about the repentance process. Ended up going with personal change instead. It turned out well. 

Life is great here! I'm happy, we have people we're teaching, and more than enough to keep us busy. My spiritual thought this week is about a parable I read in Luke Chapter 15 verses 3-7 which talks about the Lost Sheep. If you have time, give it a read, but here were my thoughts.

Christ knows you personally. While there are so many people in this world and you may feel like he doesn't know you, don't feel alone. Sometimes we feel like we are forgotten, or that we are lost. Christ loves us enough to leave the herd and come after us, the lost one, and bring us back to his light and happiness. So, remember that Christ’s love and atonement are always there for us to turn to and as we turn to him, he will lift us up and put us on his shoulders and bring us home. 

Love you everyone! Thank you for the continued support!

Äldste Gordon

I got to meet up with my MTC class while picking up my new companion.

Castle in Vasteras


The first H & M is in Vasteras

Beautiful cathedral in Vasteras

Inside the cathedral

Vasteras waterfront

This is innebandy equipment

Comments