Week 36-- Frozen Lakes and Rivers are Roads Now

Tjena!!

Here are some highlights from the week:

We met an investigator (a person interested in learning more about our message) named N who I think I've mentioned before. Anyways, mother of 4 kids, 33 years old, not the type of person you'd think would be interested in the Gospel. She's the nicest and happiest lady ever. We met her last Monday night and set up a baptismal date with her which is exciting because that's pretty rare here  

Wednesday, Aldste Callor and I drove about 2 hours north to Luleå for District meeting and then spent Wednesday and Thursday with Aldstes Erdman and Francis in Boden (30 mins North) on splits. I was with Erdman for the time which was a great learning experience. He goes home in a few months so he helped me out with Swedish tips and mission experience. There's a lake up there that is completely frozen, and during the winter they make it a road. So we got to drive over that at sunset (3 or 4 pm) which was sweet. It's hard to tell what is normally water here because the sea and lakes freeze over and have a few feet of snow on them. 

M and N, the couple I mentioned last week, we met with them on Saturday. We taught them about the Restoration of the church and had a solid, spiritual discussion afterwards. She opened up and talked about how she had an experience where someone or something had saved her life (like an angel type thing) and she feels like there is more for her, a greater purpose. I'm excited to see where that goes.

We were out tracting (missionary lingo for contacting people)  last night and between apartment buildings we heard something in the forest. Callor and I look over to see a full-grown mother Moose staring at us. Callor yelled to run (he's got some hunting experience) so we booked it to the next building and ended up going back to take a video from a distance. But it was crazy to see a huge moose so close to civilization just hanging out and eating trees. 

Kjell, the branch president, asked us to speak on Sunday so Callor and I had the full hour. I prepped a bunch for it and we had planned out we had to take about 20 mins each. I got up there and started in, lost track of time, and ended up giving a 31 minute talk about God's Love h aha I felt bad for taking Callor's time but it was a confidence booster to know I can give a half hour talk in swedish no problem. There were 4 members and Callor listening, so quite the crowd there huh?!

We got transfer calls last night and Äldste Callor is taking off to a city called Borås which is in Göteborg (2 flights away). I wish I had another 6 weeks with him because we've gotten so close. I'll be getting Elder Strong who is the same age as Callor in the mission. I'm way stoked to take over the area and get to meet Äldste Strong. 

My spiritual thought comes from 1 Nephi 19:9 which talks tells us that Christ suffered so much for us because he loves us all. Love is one of my favorite topics to talk, study, and teach about because it is something everyone needs. Jesus taught the greatest commandment is to love God, then to love thy neighbor as thyself. Upon that commandment hangs all the law. So show some love to someone this week whether it's a nice big hug (enjoy it for me), a text, a small service, or a conversation. I love you all. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and take an interest in my experiences and all that I'm learning here. I hope you guys can get something from these too. If you want to know more about the culture, anything about sweden, or the church, just shoot me an email :)

Ha det bra!

Äldste Gordon


Roasted brussel sprouts, tasted just like mom's. :-)

A typical dinner here in Skelleftea. (Couscous)

Horizon of snowy roads


Surviving the snow!

Comments