Week 47- What's A Smorgageboard?


Tjena!



Highlights:



Elder Redlund, one of the current 12 apostles, came to Sweden this weekend and spoke to the country over a broadcast in Swedish which was cool to hear. He grew up in Göteborg for a bit and then served his mission in Sweden so he speaks Swedish very well. He spoke to all the missionaries in Sweden Monday morning and gave some encouraging words. What was cool was that he understands the culture here, the people, how the work is, so he, being an apostle of God, could give us specific tips and counsel to our mission. He's a jokester too ha ha



Unfortunately, P moved up to Luleå on Friday so we sent him off Thursday with a nice juicy burger from TorgGrillen (cheap n dirty burger stand in stan). It was sad saying goodbye to him but we may get to see him sometime this week because he has to come back to Skellefteå to grab some things 👌



Besides that, we've cut down our teaching pool by half! Focusing on those who are ready to grow their faith and spending the rest of the time finding those are ready for our message. Transfers are next week so I find out Sunday if I'm staying in good ol' Skellefteå or takin off. 



Again, sorry if you've messaged me on Facebook and I haven't responded! I'm only allowed to use it to communicate with those who live where I'm serving in Sweden. 



Swedish Fun Fact!

Growing up I heard my parents use the phrase a smorgageboard (that's what it sounded like) meaning like a whole feast or a bunch of food. I found out that that phrase is actually Swedish, and it's a smörgåsbord meaning a sandwich table (smörgås-sandwich bord-table). So it turns out I've been saying that completely wrong for the last 18 years ha ha the more ya know!



Spiritual thought comes from Luke 23:39-43. It talks about when Christ was crucified next to the two thieves. He looks over to the thief that believed in Him and says that because of his faith, his sins are forgiven and you will "be with me in paradise". While reading that, I thought of myself as the thief, having made mistakes in my life. Being there next to Christ on the cross during such a heavy moment and hearing those words would be so powerful. We really are like the thief. We have sins, yet Jesus offers us a place in paradise with him if we have faith. Pretty sweet deal. 



Mycket kärlek! Sköt om er den här veckan!



Äldste Gordon



p.s. since I may be moving areas in a week, don't send anything to my Skellefteå address. But! Feel free to send something here😏



Enebybergsvägen 38

182 46 Enebyberg

Sweden


Our own hamburger creation




The sun!! It's so bright!

Saying "goodbye" to P


Goodbye lunch

Teaching A via Skype

Aldste Strong and I in our chapel

Comments