Week 49-- In the Burbs!


Tjenare!!

I made it here in Jakobsberg! I flew down to Stockholm on Wednesday and then took a subway to my new area. On the way back we got talking to this one older guy who was really nice and I totally forgot my backpack (stuffed full of important things) on the subway, BUT luckily I'm here in Sweden because someone turned it in and I picked it up today. Sweden's a safe place.

Alright , the low down about Jakobsberg. Well, no car anymore tyvärr. (unfortunately)  We live in a suburb of Jakobsberg (Jacob's Hill, berg is hill pronounced like berry) called Stäket. The missionaries recently moved from the old apartment into this new place which is underneath this loaded family's garage. We're the first to live there and they renovated the place real nice. It's right on the water too. It's for sure the nicest place I've lived since being on the mish, I'll send videos some time. 

My new comp is Elder Francis! We get along super well. He's from Kayesville, UT (back to the Utahan companions) and came straight on the mish from high school.  He has 9 siblings. He's a real good guy, dedicated to the work, positive about everything, and very open and honest. I really look forward to my time with him. 

Jakobsberg is an area in Stockholm, so not like downtown but maybe 30 mins away by public transportation. There is a ward here (congregation) of about 60 or 70 people and it feels gooood ha ha I loved Skellefteå and the family vibe there but there is something powerful about being in a ward with a lot of members. The bishop ( the man in charge of the congregation is from Issaquah. He's lived in Sweden for 25 years). Small World!

Today we went in to Stockholm city to a museum called Vasa. Basically there was this massive ship built a couple hundred years back and it was so big it didn't make it out to sea before it sunk. It was excavated after 333 yrs underwater and is now in a museum. We met two Mormons from Provo while at the museum, who so kindly treated us to Max Burger (like a nice Swedish McDonald's). It feels refreshing to hear good American English and Mormon slang like the word 'crud' ha ha classic

There aren't many who we teach in this area, so Ä Francis and I have set some solid goals we hope to hit. 

My spiritual thought comes from Alma 56 which talks about an army of young men who fought with faith. While it was a slim chance they'd win the battle, they believed that God would save them (which he did). When asked about their faith, they said it was thanks to their mothers for they doubted not that their mothers knew God existed. This is more of a shoutout to my mom who has taught me about God in a realistic, exemplary way. I am who I am today greatly because of her support, and deep love for both God and me. Love ya mom!

and love the rest of you too! Hope you had a great mothers day.

mycket kärlek, (much love)
Äldste Gordon

btw my new address is:

Uddnäsvägen 159
176 76 Järfälla 
Sweden


Such a faithful lady who prayed for us everyday.
Going to miss this lady!

Ivar, so faithful, such a great example to me.

Kjell and Jorunn , the leader of our small branch.
Loved working with him.

Alvin from Liberia. Blessed to have met him.


Good bye to this little church building.
Usually covered in snow.

Random cheese slicers. 

Back on a bike

Vasa ship at the museum.



Comments