Week 60-- Transfers to Gubbangen ( still in Stockholm :-) )


Tjena!

This week flew by due to 2 sets of splits (swapping companions for 24hrs) and transfer calls yesterday. 

The first set of splits was with a zone leader named Elder Harrell, from CA. He finishes his mission next week so we were able to combine our skills and go out knocking in the scorching sunlight for a few hours here in Jakobsberg. He's a big surfer, so we spent our workout time dinkin' around on the trampoline we have down by the water. Felt just like I was back messin' around with my buds at the trampoline park like pre-missionary days. 

The second set of splits was with an assistant to the mission president named Elder Beveridge. Elder Beveridge is the missionary that I have been around most in the mission. We spent 6 months together in the same district in my first area, so I've gotten to know him really well and look up to him a lot. I went to Täby, a different area of Stockholm for the day with Beveridge. We went out contacting for an hour or two and it felt just like how it did going out with him in Västerås and Örebro a year back except now I can speak Swedish. We felt like the dynamic duo back together sweepin' the streets of Täby with the good word of God. It was a blast being with him. 

Saturday morning Elder Francis and I were about to start planning when we get a call from the Mission President. We're freaking a bit because it maybe meant one of us is training or getting transferred. Turns out the call was for both of us! Elder Francis is gonna be staying here in Jakobsberg for a 5th transfer (that makes a total of about 7.5 months here ) and I'll be takin' off to be companions with Elder Craun in Gubbängen.

I've been in Gubbängen (goo-bangin) a number of times staying over night there for Zone Conferences and splits with ZL's. The Gubbängen chapel is the biggest mormon chapel in Sweden, with a big ward and basketball court. I'll be living within a 3 minute run of the chapel so I hope to get my basketball skills back in the mornings 😏 There used to be 2 sets of elders there in Gubbängen because they have so many members but they closed down one of the areas and combined them into 1 so my companion and I will have a good sized area, with lots of members, and lots of work (and probably lots of member meals oh yaaa). I'm way stoked. 

I'm gonna miss Jakobsberg. I'm bummed I only got to be here 3 months but I feel like a lot of growth will come during this next transfer. 

I've grown the most here in Jakobsberg because of some extra responsibilities which have caused me to do more self-reflection. It's made me think about the person I want others to see me as, who I am, where my faith really stands, and where I really stand in relation to God. I've gained confidence in leadership here, have gained confidence with God, and realize I have a lot more work to do in order to grow closer to Him.

My time in J-berg if anything as taught me just how intricate God's plan is -- that his timing is best. So don't get frustrated when you don't get the answers you want right away, or don't see results right away (especially w a diet), and don't abandon the thing that's helping you just because of a lack of immediate results. Keep hangin in there, doin' what's right, and you'll look back one day and see everything worked out for the best. Put God first and all will fall into place. 

With Love,
Elder Gordon

P.S. Anyone can send me an email with some questions and I'll respond with a voice recording, it's faster and more personal than writing. 



Gooseberries-- Yummy

Our last burger together before I leave...gotta love Burger King


We had a Pioneer Day celebration party, did "gunny sack" races, pioneer game.
In Utah it's celebrated July 24th, known as the Days of 47 when the first pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley. 






Comments