Week 77/78....Thanksgiving and staying in Gubbagen :-)


Week 77
Thanksgiving was great! There's a family in the area where I'm currently serving from Seattle so we went to their place. 
I forgot what rich American food is like. When I first came to Sweden and got a bowl of frosted flakes I remember thinking they tasted so bland, but now they taste just normal. I think my taste buds were awakened again with the dense american food ha ha I've gone Swedish in my taste! Except for fish...
It was nice being with the Bradshaw family with a bunch of energy-filled kids and parents keeping a close eye on them all. Felt like a classic american member family. 
Here's a list of things I am especially grateful for since being on my mission:
- Fuzzy Carpet at home
- Peanut butter candy
- Bathroom fans
- The Book of Mormon
- Warm jackets
- Having tons of variety of cereals
- The American suburb layout
- My friends and family that give me love and support
- Kraft mac n cheese
- BYU Freshman meal plan
- Having a church so close by I can go to on Sundays
- Praying for specific things and getting answers
- Mountains to hike and ski in
Last but not least, the hope and positive change that the Gospel can have on anyone's life who is willing to give it a shot. 
Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Week 78
Week 78 Tjena!


This week was filled with service. It started off with a nice trip back to the temple in Västerhaninge on Tuesday. They closed it down for 2 weeks to clean the whole place, so we got to get suited up in white clothes and clean one of the rooms for 3 hours. That was probably one of the lugnest (calmest) stunds  (moments) I've had on my mission; suited up in all white cleaning clothes, in the temple, no distractions, cleaning, and chatting about life with Elder Strong. We felt like the ghost busters in our all white get-ups with vacuums strapped to our backs. 

Pretty much the whole weekend was service as well, which feels nice because we don't get too many opportunities to just do service. We helped the Spångberg Family move across the street Friday morning, Friday mid day we helped a member move a big pull-out couch down from a 3rd story apartment and then hurried 30 mins south to help an old friend move back into our area. 

Saturday morning was the "official day of service" to kick off the Light the World program the church has created to help us focus on service during December. We helped another family move (making 4 in one weekend = more than I've had my whole mission total), took stuff to the dump, then cleaned our ward mission leader’s tub. 

This last transfer has been my record transfer for member meals totaling 32 meals in 42 days. I  Gubbängen and the members here. Transfer calls came last night and I'll be staying another 6 weeks here Gubbängen ,then most likely will move to another location after that, but until then I'm just soaking up the work here. The members here are great, it feels good having created strong relationships with some of them. 

I encourage you all to go check out lighttheworld.org, they've got some solid ideas of how you can focus on others this Christmas season. 

Love to you all!
Elder Gordon


Thanksgiving Dinner

The Seattle Family's home where we had Thanksgiving dinner

The Chefs 

Dinner with church members


Riding the train

Cleaning the temple

Pano of Stockholm





Glama Stan Christmas Markets


Comments