My Last One....


Friends and family,

This is my last weekly. Wednesday I'll take a train to Stockholm and Thursday I'll be flying from there back to Seattle. 

This last week has undoubtedly been the best I've had on my mission. I've had a lot of good ones being with my companions who have become my brothers, but this one takes the cake. 

I got to do my last splits with my good man Elder Fronk here in Göteborg. We hit the streets and contacted 10-12 just like the old days and found two people, one guy who said "you met the right person" and another that we met, went to the church center downtown with, and taught right there. 

These last few days have been filled with saying goodbye to the friends I've made here, teaching my final lessons as a missionary, and taking in the beautiful city and warm weather we've had. There's lots I could talk about regarding my last week here, but what I want to focus this final weekly on is just my thoughts about my mission:

I think many of you will find when I come back that I'm pretty much the same dude as I was when I boarded the plane 2 years back. I act similarly, think similarly, yet there has been a great internal change that I have experienced. There are a lot of people here in Sweden that live life without meaning, in fact, all over the world. They're scared for death, they think for themselves and wonder why they live, or they find refuge and relief in momentary fixes (granted there are many that don't fit into my above generalization). Talking with and teaching these people has opened my eyes to a much greater and fulfilling perspective on life. It's the perspective that comes when one believes for them self in a God, in a life after death, in eternal relationships with family, with other people, a belief in love for all people. 

I've learned that everything is there for the taking -- knowledge, answers regarding a God's existence, guidance concerning important life decisions. They are all there, God has them available for us, it is then just up to us to ask him with faith, and continue on in faith. 

Serving as a missionary has been the best beginning to my adult life I could've received. I cannot deny that there is a God. I cannot deny that I feel I've been both helped and guided by Him. And I feel confident in saying that if someone wants to find a deeper meaning in life, they can find it through studying the teachings found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you're curious or have questions, feel free to ask me when I'm back or you can email me. 

I love this country. The swedish language is a beautiful language. I love all of you, people in my life who have made me who I am. And I'm grateful I got to serve my God these last 2 years. 
See you all soon!

Sincerely,
Elder Rylan Gordon

See FB for the first hug footage :-)
Signing off as Rylan's secretary these past two years! :-)





Comments